Saturday, February 11, 2012

Travel day to my first Lomi Lomi class 1/25/12

Well I'm off to go to my training for the Hawaiin massage..Lomi Lomi in Gibsons B.C.
It started out great, I was early to the airport, I'm feeling good...Lets get this show on the road. I park in remote parking, get on the automated train, 1/2 way to AA's terminal, it stops and then we get a message stating, it will start momentarily when an issue is resolved...Uh Oh.
Ah, I have plenty of time..no worries, then, my phone rings...hhmm, its AA, my flight to DFW is cancelled...uh oh. I go to the counter...worried...but the agent helps me out and gets .me to YVR (Vancouver). Thank you, Thank you!! Right before I board, I get a message..its the agent, she overcharged me but she said I can get a refund when I come back...cool!
I go through LAX on AA and connect with WestJet to Vancouver, everything goes smooth. I am in Vancouver, I find the train, take it downtown to catch a bus (made the bus) to go to the ferry. I get to the ferry, now its raining but I am an hour early, I'm getting there! I Get off the ferry in Gibsons...NO TAXI'S...AND, its still raining. Most everybody there gets a ride or catches a bus. I'm not sure where I'm going so when I ask a guy about where I have to go, he tells me he never heard of that street...eek!
He suggests I go into town to the mall and catch a taxi. The bus comes and the driver gets out and asks if we are getting on, I ask him about the street I need...he never heard of it...uh oh...now I'm wondering if I got on the right ferry (yes there is more than 1). I get on the bus since the guy at the stop, the bus driver and I agree that I should go to the mall and catch a taxi. Yes, it's still raining...
I get dropped off at a strip mall, there is a gas station that the bus driver suggests I go into to ask the attendant for directions. I do and YES, she never heard of the street...uugghh! Yes I am getting concerned AND a little discouraged. I call the person I am staying with and tell her where I am...she
is not sure where I'm talking about...yes, I want to go home now :(    Then she says I am about 20 minutes away to walk back the way I came and go to her street, she can't come get me since she is teaching a class...no problem. I start walking..yes it is still raining, with my luggage, I start walking. It's dark, wet, hilly and every other street sign is across the street so yes I am zig zagging back and forth the streets in the rain, dragging my luggage.
I come across a pizza place and go in to ask if I am going the correct way and YES I am AND he has heard of the street...woohoo! I keep walking and now I am by some boats..hmm, doesn't seem right. I see a guy filling water cans and ask him...yep...I passed the street...aaaggghhh, but he offers to give me a ride and I finally get there...Yea! Boy do I sleep like a baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment